Koine Greek Geek

This blog is for those who are interested in Koine (Biblical) Greek, currently studying Koine Greek; as well as those who have questions about Koine Greek. Debates and commenting are encouraged, but inappropriate comments/replies will be deleted by the blog publisher. Readers are encouraged to check my book and website posts constantly for updates.

Name:

"Oyarsa" for those who don't know, is the name of an archangel (or "god" with a little 'g') in C. S. Lewis's Space Trilogy. I liked the character, so I stole the name. Who am I? I am a library science student in Illinois who has a variety of interests--too many to list! I have worked in libraries for five years and counting.

Friday, November 04, 2005

Welcome!

This is the blog where I'll be posting my adventures in the exploration of Koine Greek. I took a year of Koine Greek in college, and I've been gradually moving through the 2nd year material on my own (though I do contact my greek mentors if I get stuck or unsure. (I would like to teach myself Attic Greek; we'll see how that goes...)

Tags: ;

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that it is good to see a site devoted to koine greek. I am a pastor who is studying it for my sermons. It's hard to find anyone who wants to talk about greek even among pastors!

8:50 AM  
Blogger Oyarsa said...

Hello, Anonymous,

Do you have a 1st year grammar to study from? John H. Dobson has a good introduction to New Testament Greek (entitled "Learn New Testament Greek") and, of course, there's Mounce's "Basics of Biblical Greek" along with about a thousand others.

Best of luck with your studies.

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home